TINA D. BEYCHOK
Accomplished content creator/writer/editor with demonstrated capacity for writing and editing B2B, B2C, technical, and scientific materials. Experienced and skilled at all levels of editing, including substantive/content editing, copy editing, line editing, proofreading, and layout editing. Adept at managing editing and communications processes. Detail-focused and experienced with orchestrating projects, managing project priorities, and achieving targeted performance objectives.
- Editing/writing, copy editing, proofreading, project coordination and publication layout.
- Knowledge of Associated Press, American Medical Association, and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Macintosh and PC platforms, WordPress/CMS, HTML, and Adobe InCopy.
THAT WORD GRRL EDITING SERVICES, Long Beach, California, 2011 – Present
- Executing ongoing editing projects for a high-volume editing service, and refining/enhancing eight to 10 articles and STEM/academic papers per month, ranging from 5,000 to 90,000 words.
- Executing ongoing content-creation and writing projects for B2B, B2C, STEM, and academic audiences.
INSTITUTE FOR HEALTHCARE ADVANCEMENT, La Habra, California, 2010 – 2011
Public Relations/Marketing Coordinator
- Led public relations initiative; established multi news media contacts; planned, designed, and wrote press releases and collateral marketing materials; and publicized organizational vision and mission.
- Championed, introduced, and leveraged social media models, including Twitter and Facebook, and increased organizational public presence and community awareness.
- Coordinated annual conference speaker schedules and presentations, formatted, organized, produced, and distributed meeting materials and assured seamless event execution.
- Successfully applied for and secured Continuing Medical Education accreditation, assured compliance with State of California training requirements, and facilitated participant continuing-education fulfillment.
MPA MEDIA, Santa Ana, California, 2006 – 2010
- Directed the creation, development, and publication layout of editorial content for a monthly business-to-business tabloid entitled Acupuncture Today with a circulation of 45,000. (acupuncturetoday.com)
- Researched and reviewed alternative health care publications, consulted with subject matter experts, and secured author content contributions.
- Selected publication authors and wrote, organized, and created a monthly business-to-business buyers’ guide for nationwide chiropractors. (dcpracticeinsights.com)
- Provided ongoing editing support for four alternative health care publications, and optimized publication clarity, accuracy, and messaging integrity.
- Conceived and wrote compelling, relevant website content and improved the online user experience.
CME LLC, Irvine, California, 1999 – 2006
Associate Editor, Psychiatric Times
- Identified and recruited psychiatrist author contributions, wrote field articles and research summaries, and managed editorial content for a monthly clinical tabloid with a circulation of 65,000.
- Wrote, edited, and published articles for continuing medical education
UCLA MEDICAL CENTER, Los Angeles, California, 1997 – 1999
Administrative Assistant/Grant Editor, Department of Anesthesiology
- Provided administrative support for the Department of Biological Chemistry Chairman, coordinated schedules and itineraries, and provided quality service to students, professors, and interdepartmental personnel.
- Wrote, edited, and distributed correspondence, e-mails, and interdepartmental communications.
- Edited and processed grant applications and facilitated a successful research-funding process.
BUSINESS WIRE, Los Angeles, California, 1996 – 1997
- Interfaced with clients, detailed press release distribution preferences, and edited and disseminated press releases to numerous media outlets, publications, and wire services.
HUMAN FACTORS & ERGONOMICS SOCIETY, Santa Monica, California, 1995 – 1996
- Coordinated editor, author and reviewer production schedules, and facilitated timely publication and distribution of monthly trade journal.
- Designed, wrote and produced compelling, audience-specific marketing and PR material, and optimized publication quality and consistency.
OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY MEDICAL JOURNAL, Los Angeles, California, 1988 – 1995
- Communicated with authors, peer reviewers, and associates, reviewed, selected, and edited medical submissions, and assured the timely delivery of quality content for a scientific medical journal.
- Developed, updated, and managed large medical content databases, and optimized pipeline material content and accessibility.
- Bridged editorial office, ad agency, and publisher communications, and facilitated a highly efficient publication process.
- Attended and represented organization at educational conferences, and improved public perception and awareness.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND COURSES
- American Medical Writers Association, Member
- Council of Science Editors, Member
- Society for Technical Communication, Member
- Technical Communication 101 – Course offered by the Society for Technical Communication
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- 2011 Western Regional Azbee Awards of Excellence
Gold Medalist for Best Contributed Column
Not the Emperor’s Acupuncturist
- 2002 CMP Editorial and Design Competition
Best Regularly Featured Department (Small Circulation)
Best Coverage of an Event (Small Circulation) – Cautious Wakeup Call for Bioterrorism
Scripps College, Claremont, California
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, History